On May 1st the merger between the Institute of Plant Virology and the Institute for Plant Protection of the Italian National Council (CNR) led to the newly formed Institute for Sustainable Plant Protection (IPSP), directed by Dr. Gian Paolo Accotto.
Here are the main research themes of the new institute:
1. Biotic and abiotic stress, plant defence and adaptation mechanisms;
2. Plant disease interactions with other organisms and the surrounding environment;
3. Genetic, epigenetic and molecular approaches to study the biodiversity of the microorganisms that support and protect plants;
4. Diagnosis for plant protection;
5. Sustainable technologies for plant protection.
The merger is still in progress, so, during this transition period, the official web sites of the two previous institutes will be still operational, waiting for the new IPSP website.